Mr. Shyam S. Bhartia
Mr. Shyam S. Bhartia, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as Chairman and founder Director in March 1995. He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce from St. Xaviers College, Calcutta University. He is also a fellow member of the ICWAI. Mr. Shyam S. Bhartia has experience in the pharmaceuticals and specialty chemicals, food, oil and gas, aerospace and IT sectors.
MR. HARI S. BHARTIA
Mr. Hari S. Bhartia, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as Co-Chairman and founder Director in March 1995. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Mr. Hari S. Bhartia has interests in the Pharma, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Oil & Gas (Exploration & Production), Agri & Performance Polymers, Food & Retail and Consulting Services in Aerospace and Oilfield Services.
MR. AJAY KAUL
Mr. Ajay Kaul, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as Chief Executive Officer cum Whole Time Director in March 2005. He holds a bachelor’s degree in technology from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and a masters’ degree in business administration from XLRI, Jamshedpur. Mr. Ajay Kaul has experience in industries such as financial services, airlines, express distribution and logistics and food retail.
MS. RAMNI NIRULA
Ms. Ramni Nirula, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as an Independent Director in October 2009. She holds a bachelor’s degree in economics and a masters’ degree in business administration from University of Delhi. Ms. Ramni Nirula has expertise in the banking and finance industry. Having joined ICICI Bank in 1976 in the project appraisal division, she has held various leadership positions in areas of Project Financing, Strategy, Planning & Resources and Corporate Banking.
MR. ARUN SETH
Mr. Arun Seth, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as an Independent Director in 2009. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, as well as a MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. He has commercial and technical expertise in the IT and telecommunications industry in India.
MR. VISHAL MARWAHA
Mr. Vishal Marwaha, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as an Independent Director in October 2009. He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce from the University of Delhi and is a qualified chartered accountant. He has expertise in private equity and investment banking.
MR. PHIROZ VANDREVALA
Mr. Phiroz Vandrevala, joined the Board of Directors of Jubilant FoodWorks as an Independent Director in May 2010. He is a graduate from Kolkata and a qualified Chartered Accountant. He has been part of numerous expert committees constituted by the Reserve Bank of India to guide the Central Bank in its policy-making efforts as well as IT advisory bodies in India and on the Board of several prominent Educational institutions.
- Code of ConductDownload
- Corporate Governance Report for the Quarter ended September 30, 2013Download
The corporate governance philosophy of the Company is driven by the interest of stakeholders and business needs of the organization. Aligning itself to this philosophy, and in order to sustain the shareholders’ trust, the Company has placed corporate governance on a high priority. This ethos also underlines the Company’s commitment to fulfillment of its social responsibilities.
The highlights of the Company’s Corporate Governance regime are:
• At the core of the Company’s Corporate Governance practice is Board of Directors, which oversees how the management serves and protects the long-term interests of all the stakeholders. The Company believes that an active, well-informed and independent Board is necessary to ensure high standards of corporate governance. To ensure the independency of the Board, the majority of the Board members, four out of seven, are independent Directors.
• Constitution of several Committees, such as Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee, Compensation Committee, Investors’ Grievance Committee etc. for focused attention, enables the Company to ensure expedient resolution of diversified matters
• The Code of Conduct for Directors and Senior Management, along with the Code for Prevention of Insider Trading formulated in terms of the SEBI Guidelines, constitute strong parameters of Company’s Corporate Governance philosophy..
• Establishment of Whistle Blower Policy in terms of the Listing Agreement to ensure utmost transparency in business. This policy act as a neutral and unbiased forum for the Employees and Business Partners of the Company and its subsidiaries (both Indian and foreign) to voice concerns in a responsible and effective manner without fear of reprisal.
• Strong focus on hiring, retaining and nurturing best talent and on promoting a culture of excellence across the organization. Exhaustive HRD Policies cover succession planning, training and development, employee grievance handling. Employee Stock Option Plans – to attract, reward and retain key senior executives
• Regular communication with shareholders, including e-mailing of financial performance, to enhance the trust and confidence of the shareholders.